Trying to sever my Exchange account but need data

Reaction score
So here's the situation - I'll try to outline it clearly.
  • I work for a big company that uses Exchange using Windows 7
  • Moving to new company that uses Exchange but on Mac (I have the MBP already) running Office 2011 for Mac
  • I am trying to export my Contacts and Calendar and import them into Outlook on the MBP but instead of importing it into the normal calendar, it creates a separate folder with the Contacts/Calendar. I want them in the default Contact/Calendar.
  • I *think* i can use iCloud on the WinPC to sync my contact/Cal and then have it sync to my MBP. So I set that up on the WinPC but nothing happens. I suspect that since my contact/cal are Exchanged based, it's not going to work
  • Does anyone have a good strategy to get my data OFF the Exchange, sever that relationship, and start from scratch with a new MBP - Office 2011?
  • i have already exported both the calendar and contacts from the WinPC using PST files.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Can't you copy and paste from the imported contacts to the default contacts?

Not sure about calendar but pretty sure contacts will work.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Can't you copy and paste from the imported contacts to the default contacts?

Not sure about calendar but pretty sure contacts will work.

I suppose I can do that but I know for sure it doesnt work with Calendar. When I go into List view, i can only do this for a month. Surely there must be an easier way? Doesn't anyone have any thoughts on this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.