Macbook damaged - do you think I can get it repaired?

Reaction score
I know there is a thread on water damage above, but I have a macbook that got quite a lot of tea spilled on it about 6 months ago. It was out of warranty anyway but I would still like it fixing.

I turned it off and put it upside down in a warm room. I can now turn it on (am actually using it at the moment) but my previous experience of this is that after so long it cuts out and won't let me turn it back on then for some time. However, whilst I am using it it works perfectly as though nothing had actually happened to it. There is also an issue with the battery - the batter per cent sign charges up (it used to be just a cross there). I can't get it to work without the plug being in the wall.

Do you think this means there is some hope that I could get it repaired? Has anyone experienced anything like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
with the battery issue, when mine 'went' it showed the same image and the Mac wouldn't work without being plugged in. i replaced the battery and it works great.

as for the tea bit, it's a bit over my head, sorry.

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.