powerbook vs iMac

C

chris12345

Well i have one of the new 17inch PB and i love it but i now would like to get a desktop mac but i cant run to the £3k+ that a powermac would cost plus the display so im thinking about the 20inch iMac with 1gb of ram would i b able to do every think i do on my PB on the iMac ??

OP
L

lil

You could get a dual processor Quicksilver PowerMac G4 such as the Dual 1.25, which would be quite a computer, and it will be plenty expandable if you want internal expansion and so forth.

Although that said, the iMac G5 is a very sweet machine.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
lil said:
You could get a dual processor Quicksilver PowerMac G4 such as the Dual 1.25, which would be quite a computer, and it will be plenty expandable if you want internal expansion and so forth.

Although that said, the iMac G5 is a very sweet machine.

Vicky

i second this post, esp if you have those money issues that all of us seem to have. good luck!
-chris

OP
C

chris12345

thankz for all the info my wife has said we can wait till after xmas and get the dule 2ghz powermac with the 23inch display or get the imac now it's up to me as she is a web designer also i dont have the task of convincing her that the powermac is the best system she already knows :) lol

so now ive got to make up my mind :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
chris12345 said:
thankz for all the info my wife has said we can wait till after xmas and get the dule 2ghz powermac with the 23inch display or get the imac now it's up to me as she is a web designer also i dont have the task of convincing her that the powermac is the best system she already knows :) lol

so now ive got to make up my mind :rolleyes:
We're already almost at November, so I'd say wait for the Power Mac. Its capabilities make the iMac, which is already a great computer, look like a joke. And on top of that you'll have a lot more options in terms of customization and upgrades.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.