Time Capsule hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook 2.4G/iPhone4/2xATV2/TC
I am currently deployed and before leaving bought a time capsule to use as a server for movies through my apple TVs. It works fine, however, I am now gone and my wife cannot access the hard drive on the capsule. I have given her computer all the rights and permissions I could find...and there seems to be quite a few, but she still cannot see the capsule drive on her computer. Even with the capsule plugged in by Ethernet cable the drive still does not show in her finder. Her Finder is set to show all drives and she has access to the backup folder on the capsule drive, just not the folder I keep the movie files.
Through settings, how can she fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
I am currently deployed and before leaving bought a time capsule to use as a server for movies through my apple TVs. It works fine, however, I am now gone and my wife cannot access the hard drive on the capsule. I have given her computer all the rights and permissions I could find...and there seems to be quite a few, but she still cannot see the capsule drive on her computer. Even with the capsule plugged in by Ethernet cable the drive still does not show in her finder. Her Finder is set to show all drives and she has access to the backup folder on the capsule drive, just not the folder I keep the movie files.
Through settings, how can she fix this?

seems that you are not the only one...
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1779686?start=0&tstart=0

there are numerous reference posts on this issue in Apple discussions. Two of the most common instructions are:

One - try reseting the TC by holding down the reset button FOR ONE SECOND ONLY! any more and you might lose your network settings.

Two - try shutting down the wireless connection to the TC seen as thought you are hard wired.

good luck and stay safe bud

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
You sound as though you might be able to resolve this yourself if you weren't deployed. If you want to fiddle with the settings yourself, have her install LogMeIn Free. It's free and you can share/control her desktop from anywhere in the world. It's bailed me out a couple times when I was out of town and my wife's PC started acting up.

https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.