My MacBook Pro 15 Damaged

Reaction score
İ bought MacBook Pro 1 month ago. Last night my macbook falled from wardrobe. And left side of MacBook's body damaged computer working good no problem. But question is:if i give macbook to apple for repairing . Do you know how much is ?

Regards...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
İ bought MacBook Pro 1 month ago. Last night my macbook falled from wardrobe. And left side of MacBook's body damaged computer working good no problem. But question is:if i give macbook to apple for repairing . Do you know how much is ?

Regards...

Hard to say...need an exact list of what parts are damaged...and will need replacing. But count on at least $200-$300...maybe more. If the damage is mostly cosmetic...this may be more than you're willing to spend.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To get an accurate estimate...you're just going to have to take it to the Apple Store or send it to the nearest repair center.

Generally speaking...the costs for this sort of cosmetic repair generally are not worth it. Especially if the costs represent a significant percent of the MacBook Pro's value (even if it is almost brand new).

Good luck,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
apple said: 630 $ :(

It's almost never cheap to repair an Apple computer...and even more expensive if Apple does it. You can certainly save some money doing the work yourself...but the parts are still expensive.

There's a website called iFixit.com...that's a great place to get parts...and has great DIY instructions for repairs (with lots of photos & lots of step by step details).

The problem in this case is...it sounds like your computer is the newest model...and many times...the parts for newer model computers are not available on iFixit.com. Plenty of parts for older models...but not newer ones.

Basically...when it comes to cosmetic repairs (which is what it sounds like with your computer)...you basically have to live with the cosmetic damage...since the repair costs are just too high.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.