Cant get a single website to load on Safari????

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right section to post his and hopefully one of you can help me out?

I have a macbook pro from 2009 running safari 5.0.6 and not a single website will load. Once in a while i get lucky and a website loads but thats really once in a while ... Once a day and then i give up. Its obviously not my wifi connection gecause i am writing this post on my ipad!

Helpppppppp!!!! Nowwwwwwww!!!!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you tried say Firefox or another browser? It might be hard if you can't download anything, but thought I should ask.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah i cant download it, but good idea!

Do you have another computer you can grab say Firefox with and give it a try? Do email and chat and other internet apps work?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah internet and skype work for example, i will try reinstalling safari and or firefox with another computer tomorrow.

Maybe iwill even update to sow leopard and lthe lion to start fresh

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hopefully this is the right section to post his and hopefully one of you can help me out?

I have a macbook pro from 2009 running safari 5.0.6 and not a single website will load. Once in a while i get lucky and a website loads but thats really once in a while ... Once a day and then i give up. Its obviously not my wifi connection gecause i am writing this post on my ipad!

Helpppppppp!!!! Nowwwwwwww!!!!!!

Can I safely assume that you are on a wireless network? If so...maybe this MacBook's Airport WiFi hardware is faulty. Try plugging in an ethernet cable from your router to the MacBook (and adjusting your network settings)...and see if that helps. If it does...then the MacBooks WiFi hardware is bad.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.