IPhoto problems

Reaction score
I am currently running Lion with IPhoto 9.2.1. We just transferred our IPhoto Library over to my new IMac and half the event windows are blank. If I double click on the event most of the photos show up but if I try to move them to another location - such as a calendar - there is no picture there. Please help

Reaction score
iphoto problem on external drive

I too am having this issue. I have 11,503 photo's. When the iPhoto library is stored on the laptop internal drive it works fine, Lion or Slow Leopard. When I copy the library to a 64GB flash Drive OR to a 1TB Passport Essential SE the problem begins. DESCRIPTION: In the event view less than half of the event icons show an image, they are gray. When I mouse over them, they show a quick view of all the photos that they contain, as normal. When I scroll up and down, whole rows of the icons will briefly flash the expected picture on their icons and then go back to being gray. FURTHER: the icons don't "trade around", if an icon displays a thumbnail photo in the beginning, it always will. If it is gray in the beginning, it remains so. WHEN I DOUBLE CLICK on an event, ANY EVENT = GRAY OR IMAGE it works as I expect (Normal).

Be good to get an answer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I am currently running Lion with IPhoto 9.2.1. We just transferred our IPhoto Library over to my new IMac and half the event windows are blank. If I double click on the event most of the photos show up but if I try to move them to another location - such as a calendar - there is no picture there. Please help

Hi there,
Just a quick point. It is recommend that you have iPhoto 11 installed for Lion.

More bucks...I know:Confused:

Also, have a look at this http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2638

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi Muckfoot. I still have no idea of the causal factor for the problem but I found my photos using Picassa. downloaded them from there to my desktop in folders and (after erasing existing duplicate events) imported them to IPhoto and I do not seem to have any problems.Mind you it is a lot of work since they are categorized by date instead of event and I was not able to get 100
% of my pics back but at least it is something to try. Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.