Skype Phone for mac

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just switched to my iMac in the office from a PC and use Skype for calls. The problem is that my USB Skype handset no longer works with the iMac (since Lion does not support Skypemate), and I obviously don't want all my calls broadcast through the speakers.

Can someone recommend an alternative solution or a mac compatible Skype handset (USB or wireless)? I don't want to be wearing headphones all day long.

I checked Skype but some handsets get mixed reviews from new users.

Thanks for your help. :D

FevMac

Reaction score
I actually just use headphones on my iMac for calls. The iMac mic picks up my voice no problem and I hear the other person through my speakers.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. But since I'm in an open-plan office this wouldn't work as my calls need to remain private.

I'm still browsing the web looking at suitable VOIP handsets but there is no real information as to whether they are compatible with my iMac. PC seems not to be a problem.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
are you worried about the general office listening in to your voice or the person on the other end of the phone? if it is the latter, the earphone suggestion will more than suffice to my mind as the voice will come through your speakers to the headphones. if it is your voice, i am not sure you will be able to stop them listening unless you whisper...

i did find this on the web and it says that no PC is required. not sure if it helps
RTX DUALphone 3088 for Skype: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.