/deleting custom templates

Reaction score
I've had a MacBook Pro for 18 months or so. For the life of me, I can't delete a couple of custom templates in the "My Templates" file in iWorks Pages. Thanks for your advise, friends.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure none of the iWork applications are running or loading upon startup. You should be able to delete the templates provided they are not locked for one reason or another. What kind of error are you receiving? Post it here if possible.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks, Chscag

I don't get an error message, per se. I just need step-by-step instructions on deleting unwanted templates that I accidentally saved. I'm still a neophyte.
BTW, this is the very first time I've participated in any sort of forum -- so be kind!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I currently do not have my copy of Pages installed so I can't really give you a step by step as to where they're located. (I use MS Office 2011) However, if you remember the name of the templates you saved, do a Spotlight search for them. Spotlight is the small magnifying glass which is located in the upper right hand corner of your screen on the menu bar.

Click on it and enter the name of one of the templates. It will give you the location. From there you'll be able to see the other templates which you want to delete in addition to the one you searched for. Just delete them all that you no longer need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.