Invalid volume and file count

Reaction score
DiskWarrior has determined that I have 11 .plist files that have an "unexpected character at line 1" and cannot be repaired.

Using a 2 x 3 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon with 10 GB ram

Snow Leopard. Can't upgrade to Lion yet because a major peripheral is not yet supported in Lion with no eta.

Any thoughts? Many Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you post one or two of the plist files so we can have a look at them. Most of the time an incorrect plist file can just be deleted and it will be re-created by the application that uses it. Or, you may have left over plist files from applications that have been deleted and are not longer required.

OP
J
Reaction score
.plist files

File : “com.ationventureslinesupreme.plist"
File : "com.corpeurope.excelauto.plist"
File: “com.eletechnology.northvoice.plist"
File: "com.EtscedVentures.Achlorhydria.plist”
File: "com.Iceneneares.Achlorhydria.plist"

Can things like these cause an invalid volume and file count?

Many thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They can cause file errors but usually can be ignored.

By the way, all of the plist files you posted are from games that were run by you on your machine or perhaps on line. They likely can be removed without any problems occurring.

OP
J
Reaction score
games

Your comment re games makes it all the more confusing: I don't now or have ever played games on this computer or anywhere else.

I will delete them all. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.