Macbook pro a1260 Led screen?? WHY???

Reaction score
Im trying to buy a screen for my MBP a1260 early 2008 ..Screen number is LP154wp2(tl)(a3). Apperently this is a speical screen that cost 2x as much as any other Macbook screen ( 200.00+)..Ive found simliar ones(a2) and (a4) for around100.00 but not sure if they are compatible.. WHY are these screens SOO dang expenisve compared to others???? does anyone know where i can one that compatible for a descent price?(in the U.S.A)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
That was the first year for an LED-backlit screen in the MacBook Pro. All other versions in that chassis used a CCFL tube. So, you kind of have that uniqueness working against you, because it's one specific variation in a model that spanned multiple generations with the display unchanged.

I wish I had an answer for you other than "good luck", but hopefully that explains why they're so expensive.

OP
R
Reaction score
Do you know what last set of numbers mean (a3)??,if its nothing of major importance i could buy one that is compatible at a decent price..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Most likely slight revisions, but if it were my money, I'd want the exact same panel. If the panel doesn't line up with the inverter (assuming they use inverters with LED displays, I'm not sure), it can be problematic (anything from variances in color reproduction, to inconsistency in brightness or even overvoltage). It could also use a different pinout on the video cable, which could be a huge problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.