Getting started with Xcode , problems with push segues

Reaction score
I started to learn Objetive C and iOs developing some days ago, and basically the problem came when I tried to create a segue using "push" option.

The problem is that I can't get the button fired, instead, if I use the "modal" option, it works fine. I don't really know if theres a difference, but just like to know how should I solve the problem to fire the button with the push option...

I found a tutorial in which some people seems to have the same problem that I have if I am not clear enough.
Technology Blog: Simple iOS 5 UI Design Tutorial Using Storyboard in XCode 4
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I haven't used seque tech yet, but I see that the Fall 2011 Stanford course discusses it in the 6th episode. That is available iTunes U.

Their is an SD and HD version.

Reaction score
Hey I read on stanford courses

It said on Stanford courses that "push" segues are a type of segue you normally use with navigation controller. I'm guessing that maybe push segues are not used for normal transitioning. Maybe modal is instead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
If you're going to use a push segue, you need to have a navigation controller handling your view controllers. If you don't have one then you'll either have to do modal or custom to manage your own swapping of view controllers (which is possible).

UINavigationControllers are easy to work with but don't work with every type of app.

Also know if you use storyboards, you are limited to devices running iOS 5 (or newer future versions of iOS) since the libraries required to make them work are not part of iOS4 or earlier. Just something to keep in mind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.