external hard drive connection problems

Reaction score
hello every body i am new here ,and new on mac world also i just got a macbook pro and don't know to much but lets get to my problem.
i have an external hard drive which is ntfs file what i have to do to be sean by my macbook ,i mention that i have installed NTFS-3G,and mac fuse also even ntfs mounter i can't make it read it is says NTFS-3G could not mount /dev/disk1s1
at /Volumes/My Passport because the following problem occurred:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfuse.2.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g
Reason: image not found can embody help with some advices for a newbie.thx

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NTFS-3G/MacFUSE are kind of flakey - I dumped it pretty early on.

It costs a few bucks but Paragon NTFS is easy to install and reliable. With NTFS-3G, I'd be worried about the integrity of my data when and if I managed to get it working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
+1 on Paragon.

However, the only way I use now that worked flawlessly for me on both Snow Leopard and now Lion is this:

10.6: Enable native NTFS read/write support - Mac OS X Hints

As I said above, it worked/works flawlessly for me, but hopefully it'll work for you too. If not, just buy Paragon.

OP
F
Reaction score
NTFS-3G/MacFUSE are kind of flakey - I dumped it pretty early on.

It costs a few bucks but Paragon NTFS is easy to install and reliable. With NTFS-3G, I'd be worried about the integrity of my data when and if I managed to get it working.

is it working on 10.7 also?if yes i thank you very much i am asking because if i give some money i want to know if is worth it

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, it works on 10.7

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.