WiFi Address

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my NEW iphone 4S:

I am trying to connect to a privite WiFi Network that requires my WiFi Address.

How can I verify that the address is correct please?

My old Iphone 3G connected without problem using its ID but the new Iphone will not connect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
iPhone >Settings >Wi-Fi > Network Name or number you need to establish link with >Tap the arrow in the blue circle there you will find IP,Subnet Mask,Router and DNS.

OP
T
Reaction score
Iphone WiFi ID

It is the Iphone WiFi Address that seems to be incorrect:

it starts FO:....... not the usual 00:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You are referring to the MAC address..Settings->General->About will give you the WiFI MAC address..

OP
T
Reaction score
WiFi Address Problem

I have the correct MAC Address as you rightly say, but cannot connect to my wifi which requires this address in the setup.

I linked to a PC and the Address code given was different from that shown in the Iphone:

Iphone Address: F0:...............

PC gives address as F2:..............

The rest of the code remains unchanged.

How can I verify this address?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I'm not sure why the Wifi you are connecting to is using MAC-level filtering. But the MAC address of each WiFi/Ethernet/Bluetooth device is unique in the world. So if you need that level of filtering, then you have to use the MAC address from the various devices in your WiFi setup to get going.

What does the PC and iPhone address have to do with each other? I'm not following..

OP
T
Reaction score
I need that level of filtering, and must use the MAC address from the various devices in my WiFi setup.
At the moment the system will not recognise my new iPhone

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What happens when you try to use the MAC address from the iPhone? Do you get an error message (either on the router or the iPhone)?

Is there any particular reason that you need MAC address filtering?

OP
T
Reaction score
I need MAC address filtering to use a mac based wifi system where I am working

Do you get an error message (either on the router or the iPhone)?

- No none whatsoever

The Address begins F0:.....
However when communicating with my Win 7 Notebook the notebook says it's F2:....

(This might be via a USB location but I am not sure)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Use the MAC address that's on the phone - who knows how other devices get the MAC address from your iPhone (that said, I don't see how they would be different). This may sounds like a stupid question but you are entering each of the six pairs of characters correct? You're also not confusing O with 0 (in one post, you mention O and another, 0)?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks - This was my first thought, but NO, I have entered the correct code. We get no error messages on either Iphone or WiFi System - just NO service connection. All I get is the request for Password. (Which is by-passed if the MAC code is accepted).
The Iphone works on all other systems and in fact works on this system if I pay for service and offer the correwct pay password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.