Itunes keeps asking for authorization....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24" march 2008 model
Hi everyone. I blew the motherboard in my early 2008 24" imac with snow leopard last week, so I bought a mac mini server to replace it. I had a time machine back up, but the new mac would not recognize it during the boot, so I used migration assistant to move the files/apps/music/etc. I have most things sorted except this one: Itunes keeps popping up "this song/movie is not authorized on this computer, do you want to authorize it?" Then I put in my code and it says the mac is already authorized, refuses to play that tune/movie, and if I click on that item again it repeats. Now, for Itunes downloads in the last year or so they play fine, but ones from earlier do not, and they all played fine on the old mac. I googled everything I could including deauthorizing all computers, and then authorizing the new one, dumping the sd(I think it's called that) file, etc. No joy. and the account name that keeps popping up is the same one I always had, but I have changes the password a few times over the years. Now I do have an appointment for Apple to call me tomorrow, but I thought I would ask here if anyone has any ideas. Oh, the last mac had a different admin name, and I did log in under that and authorize it also, no go.

David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I had this exact same problem and did get a fix for it. Give me time ill go look for it. In mean time, it was fixed by bobtomay Staff if he drops in.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Found it.

2. Make sure you have a 'Shared' folder inside your 'Users' folder - and make sure it has 'Read & Write' permissions across the board. iTunes will not work without that folder.

From this thread. Hope that helps

Cheers

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24" march 2008 model
I do and it does, that did not work either. This is really frustrating. Thanks for the idea!

David

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.