Logic Board

Reaction score
My laptop needs a logic board. Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper parts or recommend where can I send it for repair? :\

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Many places to buy new ones. e-Bay is probably your best bet for used parts.

And depending on the model laptop you have...many times the cost of a new logic board (+ install) can cost more than the computer is worth...or the logic board costs so much it does not make sense to do the repair. New logic boards can cost $500-$700.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" early 2008 MacBook Pro
My first question would be are you still under warranty?

My second question would be, how comfortable are you with pulling the logic board yourself? I was a littel intimidated at first, but if you can follow directions well and can stay organized, it can be done, and this was my first time also.

I purchased a Macbook Pro from craigslist that said it needed a new logic board and was able to fix it. There is a certain procedure that can either save you a lot of money, or, leave you in the same position you are in right now which is needing a logic board. This will void any warranty you have, so do not try this if this is a new mac with a warranty.

I also recently moved to Louisville, so PM me and I can give you the details and some good information to reference.

OP
P
Reaction score
tvogz: Sorry for the long response. There is no warranty on my Mac Book.

I can pull the logic board and I'm confident with that. I send you a message by the way. Apologized for long response.

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Also note that there are some companies that do component level logic board repairs. That is, they'll actually take a dead board, find the problems and repair them and send it back to you. That may be a more cost-effective alternative to replacing it outright.

Here's one example:

iMac, Macbook Pro and Macbook Logic Board Repair

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing some info. I will check on that.
I really can't afford to pay a 500 dollars logic board that's why I'm looking for other options.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take note that Powerbook Medic and other component level repair services will not repair a logic board that has been damaged from a liquid spill. Be sure you read the terms of their repair services and warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.