Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the desktop screenshot.:)

Nick

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Wow! A wave of nostalgia:giggle:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi All, I know that this will be hard to see, but I have furthered the Classic look of my macOS Monterey desktop by restoring the old rainbow-colored classic Apple logo at the left side of the menubar. The result looks like this:

Mac Studio Desktop with Classic Rainbow Apple Logo.jpg

My apologies but you will have to click the image and view it full size to observe the effect.

In this case, no editing of system files was needed to accomplish this. Instead, I used GeekTool (GeekTool) to simply float a classic Apple logo JPG over top of the existing menubar one. This result is oh so pleasant if you are a lover of classic Macs.

Complete, and very simple, instructions for doing this can be found at:

Getting the floating Apple logo into JUST the right position took a bit of fussing around, but I am very pleased with the result. I hope that some of you may find this to be of value as well!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.