iPhoto Probs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Ok i downloaded all my pictures and then reanmed the floders so I could find my pics easily and now iPhoto will not open my pics, any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Have you tried re-importing them into iPhoto since renaming the folders?

If you renamed the folders after importing them last time, that's what messed it up. You need to leave the folders alone. You can create groups or smart groups in iPhoto to organize, but leave the folder structure alone.

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
Have you tried re-importing them into iPhoto since renaming the folders?

If you renamed the folders after importing them last time, that's what messed it up. You need to leave the folders alone. You can create groups or smart groups in iPhoto to organize, but leave the folder structure alone.

Ok, I will try that thanx

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I have all the pictures on my HardDrive although all I want to do is put them in iPhoto but it wont let me, do i have to get all the pictures again? of the camera

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You shouldn't have to. If you just drag the folder into the main Photoshop library window it should import them.

If it doesn't then the files themselves may be corrupt. Have you tried opening them in Preview or another graphics program?

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb said:
You shouldn't have to. If you just drag the folder into the main Photoshop library window it should import them.

If it doesn't then the files themselves may be corrupt. Have you tried opening them in Preview or another graphics program?

Yeah i can open them in Preview Fireworks 8 and Photoshop CS2 but not in iPhoto is says that it cannot read the files properley or sumthing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.