Weird "Untitled Download" in Safari, Safari won't close, Mac stops

Reaction score
Ok so heres a weird one,

site visited are host using plone and Moodle

Bsckground:
So I'm in college, in a Multi-Media program, and I have gotten in to some programing (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Starting Jave, and a little PHP, other's), and I got hired to make print flyers, digital flyers, videos, and work on their website. All of which I'm Decent at.

Problem:
So I go to one of the like Seven site's that they host, and it'd been having issues with video plug-in. I load the page and it takes like 5 mins, and still hasn't loaded an image :Confused:(of any kind, Mind you I've been here before, on my macbook pro), then I decide to close the tab (I'm in Safari) and the whole program freezes, but not? I could switch between each tab and other windows, and work in-side of my Gmail account but I couldn't go to any new sites.:Confused:

So I use the Profiler switcher to go to a different window, when I see that Safari is trying to download a file (Untitled Download):\, but here's the really strange part the Download window is this small window, separate from the Actual Safari Download window!!) I can't stop the download, which I never started!?!?!

So, I immediately close the Safari application, the icon goes dark, but the Top Browse bar is still there, AND THE DOWNLOAD WINDOW!!! (The file was Zero Bits, and the load bar hadn't started, it was just trying to download. I still can't close it!!:Angry:

So with no program to shut down?!?!?! I forced the Macbook Pro to shut off.:|

Wow, then I Start it up and It freezes during the start screen, (I'm on the phone with Apple Tech (four hour wait incase your interested), I have to force it to shut down again.

Then, just for the heck of it, I decide to try again.

AND it works as if nothing happened?!?!?! The OS, The Internet, My programs, I even had some word docs that I hadn't saved yet, open waiting for me. I even went to the site that started it and it loaded like nobodies business.:Confused:

I'm soooo confused. I stopped trying to talk to tech support and i have genius bar appointment with Apple store later tonight. But I've gone there before and gotten "the Shoulder shrug.":Angry-Tongue:

So if any one has a clue, I would appreciate it. And good luck if it's happened to you.

Sincerely,

Jake Burggraff

CriminalReborn Production, LLC
SIRC P/T Production Artist
Interdisciplinary Arts and Performance
New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Science
Arizona State University

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.