Keyboard shortcut for changing case (NOT Sh+F3 any more...)

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether or what is the keyboard shortcut for change case in Word 2011 on iMac? Old posts have it as Shift+F3, but that now controls screen view....
I do a lot of document work and a keyboard shortcut would save a lot of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
Command - Shift - A will switch you back and forward between upper and lower case.

OP
G
Reaction score
Keyboard shortcut to change case in Word 2011

Thanks! Cmmd-Shift-A works to switch lowercase to capital and back.
Is anyone aware of a toggle to go through lower case to all UPPER CASE and Initial Caps for Titles? It’s very helpful if you do document work and need to initial cap the first letter of something and save a lot of time. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.7.3: MBP 15" Early 2011 2.0GHz i7, 8GB, 500GB 5400RPM
Try OPTION-COMMAND-C. This rotates through various options from all lower case to ALL CAPITALS to First Letter Only. Otherwise you may consider creating your own macro for the function you need.

Reaction score
initial caps

Did anyone figure out how to switch a title sentance to all words with an initial caps?

going from
this is a sentence.

to
This Is A Sentence

thanks!

OP
G
Reaction score
First highlight the sentence - for a sentence, you can use Command-left click on your mouse, or highlight with the mouse.

Once the words are highlighted that you want to change, use the Command-Option-C to toggle through the options:

The birds are in their trees,

THE TOAST IS IN THE TOASTER,

And The Poets Are At Their Windows.

Reaction score
thanks that works in WORD, but doesn't work in POWERPOINT. any ideas

Also, this is unrelated and I can enter another thread, but in excel, i'm trying to select an entire column through the last populated cell of an adjacent column. any ideas on this?

Reaction score
Thanks...Great help...

OPTION+COMMAND+C works fantastically....

Try OPTION-COMMAND-C. This rotates through various options from all lower case to ALL CAPITALS to First Letter Only. Otherwise you may consider creating your own macro for the function you need.

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thank you for the tip! I learned about the PC version of changing case, and wanted to see how to do it on my Mac. Awesome! :Oops:

Command - Shift - A will switch you back and forward between upper and lower case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It's quite amazing how some archive threads keep getting hit and updated over the years and are still useful.

Neat. :)

Reaction score
Changing Case Toolbar Command Option

I prefer using toolbar commands to trying to remember shortcut keys.
You can add the change case icon to your tool bar by customising it adding the Format command, Change case.

Right click in your toolbar menu brings up the Customise toolbar menu.
Choose Commands list.
Select Format and scroll down a few commands in the right menu to change case
Drag and drop the command into your chosen tool =bar.

This will toggle thru the three options of changing case, Upper Lower Capitalise.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Keyboard shortcut to change case in Word 2016 for Mac

Does anyone know whether or what is the keyboard shortcut for change case in Word 2011 on iMac? Old posts have it as Shift+F3, but that now controls screen view....
I do a lot of document work and a keyboard shortcut would save a lot of time.

This may not apply to Word 2011 for Mac, but in Word 2016 for Mac, you can use Shift + Fn + F3 .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
This may not apply to Word 2011 for Mac, but in Word 2016 for Mac, you can use Shift + Fn + F3 .

I believe they got their problem sorted out almost 5 1/2 years ago now… but this may help someone, somewhere, somehow, sometime… … :Sleeping:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.