OK, I'm confused, but happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4s,MacBookPro,Ipad
My MB Pro came today and I'm loving it so far. However, one thing that has me scratching my head. My IE favorites on my old computer are showing up in Safari?? How did I do that??

About the only thing I have done so far is download iTunes and sync my iPhone. I was not aware that the iPhone contained my IE favorites, but it's the only explanation I can come up with as to how it happened.

Can anyone tell me how this happened if it wasn't from my iPhone?

Also, is there a spell checking app for mac?

This thing is SUPER fast with the SSD and browsing the internet is also screaming fast compared to my windows PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I take it you had iTunes on your PC that you docked the phone with and in the settings you must of had bookmarks box checked.
Menu Bar > Edit > Spelling and Grammar then you have 5 options as to how you want it done.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4s,MacBookPro,Ipad
I take it you had iTunes on your PC that you docked the phone with and in the settings you must of had bookmarks box checked.
Menu Bar > Edit > Spelling and Grammar then you have 5 options as to how you want it done.

Yup, that had to be it. I was searching for the best/easiest way to transfer my IE favorites to Safari on the Mac and accomplished the task purely by accident. :D

I noticed that I cannot pull up the menu bar unless I have the app set to full screen. Can I configure the menu bar to pop-up when it's not full screen or is there a button I'm not seeing.

I'm going to go to the apple store for some one on one training, but have been trying to figure some things out on my own in the meantime. Thanks for the help!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you talking about the bar up top with the clock and File, Edit, View, ETC? That is always there and changes depending on which application is in the forefront (is hi-lighted).

Say for example, if you are using Safari, look up at the top and you will see Safari next to the Apple. If you change to say Mail, then it will say Mail and have all the drop downs for Mail.

Very different than Windows.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone4s,MacBookPro,Ipad
Are you talking about the bar up top with the clock and File, Edit, View, ETC? That is always there and changes depending on which application is in the forefront (is hi-lighted).

Say for example, if you are using Safari, look up at the top and you will see Safari next to the Apple. If you change to say Mail, then it will say Mail and have all the drop downs for Mail.

Very different than Windows.

I see said the blind man. I did not even look up there... Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad I could help. We do get this question a lot from new Mac users, so don't feel too bad! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.