looking for wirelss internet service help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 powerbook 1Ghz 728mb ram
I have a 12" G4 powerbook, I have been trying to find a company that can give me service, but the 12" doesn't have a pci card slot so I'm srewed in that aspect. Anyine know of a servive that I can subscribe to and be able to hook up via bluetooth?

john :)

A

AlexN

Your PW should have wifi ability. Verizon has Wifi service which costs about $59.99/month.

Reaction score
I use the Verizon wireless broadband access...it's acceptable.

It's good for simple web surfing, but terrible for large file downloading.

Using it to connect to my office server sucks to no end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
mustardradio said:
I have a 12" G4 powerbook, I have been trying to find a company that can give me service, but the 12" doesn't have a pci card slot so I'm srewed in that aspect. Anyine know of a servive that I can subscribe to and be able to hook up via bluetooth?

john :)

under the battery is a slot for an airport extreme card which will give you wifi :)

id also advise on getting standard wired DSL and then connecting it via an access point like i did as there are no real wireless providers in the UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The Verizon Wireless Internet solution is not standard WiFi. It's a service that requires a special card that goes into a PCMCIA slot.

mustard is asking for a service that includes a bluetooth modem that would connect to a wireless/cellular provider's network. I don't believe there are any out there today.

I think that until you get a computer with a PCMCIA slot you're going to have to seek out free WiFi hotspots with the rest of us.

:)

OP
mustardradio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 powerbook 1Ghz 728mb ram
thanks

Thanks for all the helps people. I guess I forgot to mention that my roomate would charge me a boat load of money if I got wireless at home. He is pretty stingy when it comes to money, that's why I was wondering if there was any other solution. I'll keep trying though

peace
jonfreeze

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.