• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Transferring movie from iPhone to iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro, Ipod touch, Iphone4, iPad2
I've purchased a movie through iTunes on my iphone, is it possible to get it onto the iPad without paying again?
Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Connect phone to iTunes - transfer purchased content into iTunes
Connect iPad to iTunes - transfer movie to iPad

Still no deal with the movie studios as they now have with the music and TV show studios to re-download what you already own..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Still no deal with the movie studios as they now have with the music and TV show studios to re-download what you already own..

You'd think I'd know that. Really? That's quite dumb, seeing as how it's just a technicality. You can just sync via iTunes on authorized devices, so what's the bloody difference? Nothing from what I can see. Greedy gits.
(of course I just want to toss the word greedy in there even if greed has nothing to do with it;) )
doug

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro, Ipod touch, Iphone4, iPad2
Thanks for the replies
Do you mean connect the phone to the mac and transfer to iTunes, then connect the iPad to the mac and transfer to the iPad?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
Thanks for the replies
Do you mean connect the phone to the mac and transfer to iTunes, then connect the iPad to the mac and transfer to the iPad?
Thanks

i think that was exactly what Bobtomay means. Connect your iPhone to your Mac and within iTunes right click over the iPhone icon, then click transfer purchases from said iPhone.

Once done, remove iPhone and plug in iPad. Then this should just be a normal sync to the iPad.

I have tried to paraphrase from the following apple support guideline on this subject to keep it simple. please find below the full article for future use.

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

hope this clears it up

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" Lion
Connection Kit?

It is possible to transfer pics and video from iPhone to iPad using the Connection Kit. This is how I backup my iPhone video while on holiday. However it may not work for commercial video due to copy protection.

Reaction score
I've owned a MacBook for some time now and recently downloaded my vacation video to iMovie. It's almost completed finished editing and I want to transfer it to my new iMac with the 27" screen to complete the project. How do I do this? Thanks.

Reaction score
As I know that you just need to connect your iPhone with iTunes, and then sync the video into your iPhone, it will ask you enter the account and password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.