Slow Browsing on MBP

Reaction score
Hello,

First post. My girlfriend and I both have new MBPs purchased within the last year. When connecting to the same network in the same way, she experiences much slower browsing (off and on, every day or two). Doesn't matter what browser or wired/unwired. We have a modem/router from Time-Warner. We tried turning IPv6 from Automatic to Off. Any suggestions of what else to check or what resources to use to try to troubleshoot this? We are worried the people at the Mac store won't know how to help us because the problem sounds so general and only happens intermittently. Any help appreciated!

Dan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing I would do is compare settings on her MBP to yours. Go through all the network settings in System Preferences, Network, and set them to the same on her machine as yours.

If her machine is slowing down even when connected via ethernet, then it's possible that something else is using CPU time and power during the browsing sessions. If that's happening, open her Activity Monitor app to see what's using the CPU.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply! All of our settings are the same and her CPU is not being hogged by anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.