Was I ripped off?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Kyomii said:
It certainly sounds a good deal - but I am confused. Is the machine a G3/800 as mentioned in the quote, or a G4/800 as mentioned or a G5????

I have no Yahoo ID......

Opps. thanks for finding my mistake. I put G3 by accident. Me bad!! Sorry!

OP
macdillon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Well, I already paid for it. Hope I don't get scammed,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
popculture said:
Hmmm. Now I'm sad. I hate being poor.
It'll work fine. The issue with running Photoshop on a memory starved computer is that the filters and things like that just take longer... they still work though. Just save up your nickles and dimes for the memory and panther and then it will be even more awsome when you get to upgrade. Have fun.

C

callarose

jhelm007 said:
It'll work fine. The issue with running Photoshop on a memory starved computer is that the filters and things like that just take longer... they still work though. Just save up your nickles and dimes for the memory and panther and then it will be even more awsome when you get to upgrade. Have fun.

Please forgive my ignorance, but why are you recommending Panther? Isn't Tiger the newest OS? I only ask because I'm also about to get my first Mac and want to make sure that I get what I need (graphics: Photo and video editing). Or maybe I'm wrong and Panther is not an OS at all? Thanks for clarification!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i also doubt the g5 aspect of it but i was about to pay 125 for a g3/350ghz powermac (no monitor) so i would say that you got yours for a steal!!!!. you can run photoshop on your setup how it is now it will just be a little slow like jhelm007 said. just keep saving and one day youll be able to upgrade your ram and your OS....but i'd go for ram first
-chris

L

lil

Panther is suggested as it has a lower memory requirement than Tiger meaning less money needs to be spent on a memory upgrade, that's the reason for that I presume. Panther is 10.3, Tiger is 10.4.

Vicky

C

callarose

lil said:
Panther is suggested as it has a lower memory requirement than Tiger meaning less money needs to be spent on a memory upgrade, that's the reason for that I presume. Panther is 10.3, Tiger is 10.4.

Vicky
Thanks! I'm slowly learning! Still getting used to Mac-talk!

M

mangoSharingan

Well, the seller seems to have an 'unrated' rating. I would be very careful...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.