Problem with custom keylayout(ukelele).

Reaction score
Hi,
i have some trouble with my new MBP 15. The keyboard layout is not good for me, because i primary use computer for programming. So i find application called ukelele. That application generate keylayout or bundle file, that is used by Mac OS X for "booting" new keyboards layouts. Layouts can be selected in keyboard settings. But when i copy my layout to /Library/Keyboard Layouts/ or ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts/ and then relog or restart, nothing hapenned and in keyboard settings in input source i cannot see my layout. Layout name is myczech.keylayout. Can somebody help me?

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi,
i have some trouble with my new MBP 15. The keyboard layout is not good for me, because i primary use computer for programming. So i find application called ukelele. That application generate keylayout or bundle file, that is used by Mac OS X for "booting" new keyboards layouts. Layouts can be selected in keyboard settings. But when i copy my layout to /Library/Keyboard Layouts/ or ~/Library/Keyboard Layouts/ and then relog or restart, nothing hapenned and in keyboard settings in input source i cannot see my layout. Layout name is myczech.keylayout. Can somebody help me?

PROBLEM SOLVED. Do not create new layout through "from current" menu option in ukelele, because this seems to be bad and in lion this not work.
The keylayout must be created through "based on" menu option or through "from current" and then reopen in "based on" mode of ukelele.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.