PC display as MBP wireless monitor?

Reaction score
Hey all,
So, I'm looking to control a PC's display as if it were an external monitor on my mac via wifi. I have a Windows Media Center PC connected to my TV at home, and would like to control it, with something just like Air Display. However, from the looks of it, Air display only supports the other way around (Mac as a monitor for PC). Does anyone know of a way I can do this?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
OP
G
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have clarified a bit better. I'm already using VNC on that system and it's very useful, but I meant something to emulate an external monitor on the mac itself so I can display content that exists on the mac through the pc monitor without transferring files.
I suppose I could set up a VNC server on the mac and client on the PC, but it seems a little cumbersome and it would simply mirror the mac display, rather than extending the surface.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.