Getting the most $$ for my broken Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post, so sorry if I'm breaking any forum rules for posting in the wrong section or anything of the sort. But I am a broke college student needing money as quick as possible.

Here's my deal:

My old 17 in Macbook Pro (2.5GHz Core 2 Duo / 2GB RAM / 512GB VRAM / 250GB HD) from 2006 has a logic board that is supposedly broken, but everything else works fine. I was hoping to get around 300-400 for it? I don't know if this is out of the question, or if there is another method I could use to get the most money out of the notebook I can (sell it for parts, etc.)

Could any of you kind people point me in a lucrative direction?

Much thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
eBay or Craiglist and with a one thread history you will not be able to advertise on these forums. And yes it is out of the question that much ~ maybe $200.00 on a good day, and then it would need to be a real good day. You probably have priced the new mobo and that will then make it a pretty dear machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.