Mac won't start.

Reaction score
Alright, my mac will freeze once the white screen comes up for a while, but after 5-10 minutes the apple will come up and then it will completely freeze. If I reset it it will open up in my bootcamp version of windows. I've had this problem before and I took it to the mac store and they told me I literally didn't have a harddrive. I had a physical harddrive but not the software portion of it. Also this all started both times when I tried to update my software. It got to the last few seconds of the download and says it can't be completed. Then I would try to open any of macs stock programs and they all said they could not be opened, yet some programs that I installed could be opened and used. So I turned off my computer to let it sit for a while. I came back to turn it back on and all of this started happening.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like a bad hard drive. When you took your computer to the Apple store, did they recommend changing the hard drive?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.