bookmarks

Reaction score
can someone help me. I'm new to the mac stuff and need to transfer the bookmarks i created in safari to firefox. i tried exporting them to desktop but there is no import in the firefox bookmarks. not sure what to do???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's been awhile since I used FF but if I remember correctly, there's an option to import bookmarks. FF should be able to find your Safari bookmarks and import them. You don't have to export the Safari bookmarks to the desktop or anywhere else. Let FF do the work.

OP
J
Reaction score
i tried that but there is no import on my ff bookmarks. ?? i don't get it. i have ff 7.0.1 i just can't find import anywhere.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
They've hidden it away.

Head for:

Bookmarks - Show All Bookmarks
in the new window that pops up, click the Down arrow on the button with the Star on it
then select Import Data From Another Browser

They're wanting everyone to use their new Sync feature. This way they get an email address for everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.