Logmein

Reaction score
I seem to have a program called logmein take over my computer. I cannot find anything to delete but it stops me from accessing safari and puts up strange windows randomly about allowing connections to pages and the mail program.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Logmein is a free service that you can install on one or more PCs to allow you to control them remotely.

I often use it for some of my customers and family who often need help with their computers.

It sounds like someone might have installed it on your machine without your knowledge. Has anyone had access to it recently?

OP
J
Reaction score
LogMeIn

I now remember downloading the app on my iPad. But, I could not connect with my computer so I removed the app but it must have downloaded onto my computer when I was syncing the iPad and upgrading to IOS5. When I trashed the application, my computer began requesting permissions to open any page in Safari and seemed to have a logmein reference. So, I just wondered if it had taken over my computer. If I answer "forever" on "all ports" on all of the permission request windows the issue seems to go away. Thanks for your reply. I may try LogMeIn again to see if I can use it appropriately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.