Hooking up speakers

Reaction score
I want to hard wire speakers to my apple tv, mt question is can I play my music with out having the tv turned on ? I'm talking about not having to have the main tv on, only the apple tv on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes if you use the remote app on an iPod/iPhone, but no otherwise, as you need to be able to navigate a menu somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I want to hard wire speakers to my apple tv, mt question is can I play my music with out having the tv turned on ? I'm talking about not having to have the main tv on, only the apple tv on

Just a question, how do you propose to hard wire speakers to your Apple TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch MBP 2.5 ghz i7 16 GB Antiglare screen
Just a question, how do you propose to hard wire speakers to your Apple TV?

I have my apple TV connected to an Audio receiver that in turn passes along a video signal to the TV. The sound plays through external speakers controlled by the receiver.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I have my apple TV connected to an Audio receiver that in turn passes along a video signal to the TV. The sound plays through external speakers controlled by the receiver.

That's a similar way I intend to do it via HDMI and Optical, I just can't see how it can be done without an amp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.