iMac Stuperdrive and its low quality

C

CMBlechar

Alright everyone, I've scaned through the forums and have searched and have been unsucessful in finding an answer to my question. Here it is...I have an iMac 20" G5 bla bla with a superdrive that I'm find to not be so super at all. I have been tyring to burn DVD's from iDVD and from FastDVDCopy 4.0 and am very dissapointed in the turn out of the dvd's from iDVD the quality sucks...my old ti book was much better (sure it took a heck of a lot longer) and when copying DVD's none of them ever work! Okay maybe one out of every 10 work. So what I'm asking is does any one know if the so called superdrive is just a piece of crap or what? I have tried cheap DVD's expensive verbatim or whatever DVD's and even Apples DVD's and I have the same problems with every one of them. So before I toss this mutha out on the street can you offer any advice?

Thanks

Reaction score
Is this a new machine or did you buy it used. The superdrive is made by pioneer I think, and they're supposed to be decent drives. I'd say maybe you just got a bad drive.

ed724

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
take it to genius bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea the pioneer drives are spot on id say that you have a dodgy one

Reaction score
first of all the superdrives were either made by pioneer or mats-hita (mat****a)..... i bet yours is the latter. i have a mac mini with mats-hita superdrive and it has just been replaced as i had all sorts of problems.

check this link out.

http://superdrive.crc.id.au/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.