OS 9.2 manual?

Reaction score
I've been given a Powermac G4 with OS 9.2. I need to get a usb keyboard tomorrow so I can use it.....
I am not the slightest bit coversant with Apple computers, and I know you'll probably all say "It's intuitive" but I would like to have something on paper to refer to. I've checked Apple's site and the downloads, manuals, etc., but I can't see a manual to explain the operating system and how to use the machine. Perhaps I will find it easy to use with no instructions, but if there's something I can download to print off I will be a very happy bunny.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Aljohn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Its out of print but still available second hand, and cheap as chips

http://www.amazon.com/Mac-OS-Visual...TF8&qid=1320590065&sr=8-1?tag=macforums0e4-20

Just to add, you will find it tricky to find browsers etc for a G4 running OS9, so it will be pretty limited. OS9 is over 12 years old, and is unrelated to OSX - which is a completelly different OS based on UNIX

That G4 could run OSX 10.4 Tiger, so you might be better off getting a retail copy of Tiger and enjoying OSX rather than OS9

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've been given a Powermac G4 with OS 9.2. I need to get a usb keyboard tomorrow so I can use it.....
I am not the slightest bit coversant with Apple computers, and I know you'll probably all say "It's intuitive" but I would like to have something on paper to refer to. I've checked Apple's site and the downloads, manuals, etc., but I can't see a manual to explain the operating system and how to use the machine. Perhaps I will find it easy to use with no instructions, but if there's something I can download to print off I will be a very happy bunny.
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Aljohn

Hopefully this stuff will help (OS 9.0 & 9.2.2 are very similar):

Mac OS 9 Manual
Mac OS 9: The Missing Manual - O'Reilly Media
http://www.roug.org/soren/6809/os9guide.pdf
Low End Mac's Compleat Guide to Mac OS 9, 2008 Edition
Mac OS 9.2.2: Document and Software

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I suggest you get acquainted with the Help > Mac Help menu at the top of the screen. Everything you'd find in a book is there.

OS 9.2 is several generations old now. Please don't expect to learn anything about Macs from that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.