Problem with Pages Font

Reaction score
I just had my hard drive replaced because my original drive crashed. I used iPages (on '08 iWork), on the original drive, for the past several years, so am familiar with how it works. Since downloading my copy of iWork '08, I have been able to open current pages, but do not see a cursor and have not been able to type anything on the blank page. I have figured out that if I change the color, of the page, to a darker color, and type something, the font is showing up as the color white. I have tried to change the font to black or even another color, but the font continues to remains white.
After typing something (white on white), I just tried highlighting the text and changing it to darkest green or purple or even red, on the chart (vs. round color wheel), and the font shows as a very pale lavender.
I have checked all settings and can't see anything that might be wrong.
Can someone, please help me figure out what the problem is?
Thanks,
Devonviolet

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open System Preferences, click on Universal Access, click on Seeing. Make sure the box that says "Black on White" under Display has a check in it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Open System Preferences, click on Universal Access, click on Seeing. Make sure the box that says "Black on White" under Display has a check in it.

CHSCAG,
Thanks for you suggestion. I checked under Universal Access, and the box WAS checked that says, "Black on White" under display. I am still not able to change the text color, within the document. :Grimmace: Any other suggestions?
Thanks again,
Devonviolet

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can suggest at this time is to completely remove iWork08 and reinstall it. Something is corrupt. It could be a bad plist file or some setting elsewhere. Make sure you save all your documents and templates before reinstalling.

OP
D
Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest at this time is to completely remove iWork08 and reinstall it. Something is corrupt. It could be a bad plist file or some setting elsewhere. Make sure you save all your documents and templates before reinstalling.

Thanks chscag,
I uninstalled iWork08 by dragging it to my trash and then deleted the trash. Then I reinstalled iWork08. That didn't help. So, out of desperation, I called Apple Support for software. After explaining my problem, I was transferred to someone in Pages Tech Support, who told me, that even though I uninstalled iWork08, there appeared to be some "corrupt?" files remaining. He walked me through removing the remaining files. I then reinstalled iWork08, and Voilà! Problem solved. You were on the right track, but for some reason all the iWork files didn't get deleted when I did the uninstall.
Thanks again,
Devonviolet
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.