Where does iPhoto save the images?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27'' 2011 i7
Hello Everyone.

I want to upload my pictures to Photobucket, i have all my pictures in iPhoto, but i can't find the pictures.

In photobucket as i always do i press upload, the window pops up and i have to choose which pictures i want to upload.. I go to Pictures in the left column, but i can't choose the iPhoto Album.. Where does iPhoto save the pictures?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Ah. You're finding out about iPhoto's "clever" design. Its in the iPhoto library container folder (i.e. inaccessible, sort of). Basically meant to stop people from messing with folders that would corrupt their library of photos. Luckily there are plugins for many different photo sharing/uploading sites. Here's a link to photobucket's plugin for iPhoto Photobucket Apps | iPhoto. The hard way around would be to just export to a folder each time and upload that way otherwise.

OP
Hoya88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27'' 2011 i7
Thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
i don't use Photo Bucket but I would think it is like most upload sites. Scroll down in the file browser to "Media" and chose "Photos", this will let you select any photo you have in iPhoto.

Screen Shot 2011-11-06 at 9.35.13 AM.png

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
right click the iPhoto library file and select 'show package contents' this gives you access to your iPhoto images

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.