Boot Camp Assistant not downloading support software.

Reaction score
Long story short, I am trying to I stall windows 7 on my Mac with boot camp assistant, and when I try to download the Winows support software before installing, boot camp assistant says that is can't because I'm not connected to the Internet when in reality I am and averything else on my system works fine. I went ahead and installed windows, and it's working fine so far, but the drivers in the package would probably fix most of the keyboard/mouse/GPU hiccups that are occurring so far. Even if I can't get boot camp fixed, could someone at least supply a link to the download? I am running an Early 2011 21.5" iMac with OS X Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks,
~ Chris

OP
C
Reaction score
Erm...never mind. After a while of tinkering, it worked after going into network settings, deleting all connections besides wifi, then un-checking "auto Proxy Discovery" under advanced settings. Go figure.:Confused: oh well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 3.1 (T7500) OSX 6.8 2.2Ghz 2.5GB 128gb SSD
How's that again? I have same problem but I installed xp sp3

OP
C
Reaction score
Okay, go into system preferences, click Network, click and delete (with the little minus button on the bottom) every connection except the one you are using to connect to the Internet. After you've done that, on your chosen connection, click the "Advanced..." button, then click "Proxies" and deselect every entry under "Select a protocol to configure:", click, OK, save, etc. to apply your changes. then try Boot camp assistant again.

Hope this helps,
~ Chris ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.