MacBook Pro Tips

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I just bought a new MacBook Pro and it's awesome! I am totally new to this Apple stuff, and I read the user's manual and I visited the Apple website and looked around for good information, and I also looked around the Internet to see if there are any helpful websites to get the fullest out of my new mac. I have already preinstalled iWork suite and the Microsoft suite, and other applications such as Safari which should obviously be already there, but I still did not download any others. If you have any recommendations for applications, websites, tips, and accessories please tell me, even the smallest bit of information would be really helpful for me, thanks!

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi everybody! I just bought a new MacBook Pro and it's awesome! I am totally new to this Apple stuff, and I read the user's manual and I visited the Apple website and looked around for good information, and I also looked around the Internet to see if there are any helpful websites to get the fullest out of my new mac.

I have already preinstalled iWork suite and the Microsoft suite, and other applications such as Safari which should obviously be already there, but I still did not download any others.

If you have any recommendations for applications, websites, tips, and accessories please tell me, even the smallest bit of information would be really helpful for me, thanks!

P.S. Technical specifications for my MacBook Pro:
MacBook Pro 13-inch, Early 2011
Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)
Displays: Built-in Color LCD Display
13-inch (1280 x 800)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB Graphics
Startup Disk: Macintosh HD

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I've merged your duplicate thread with this one. Please only post a single thread per topic. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.