Alternate TrackPad Drivers

Reaction score
Apple's trackpad driver for Windows is redicuously sensitive, and therefore unusable to me.

I am currently running the Trackpad++ driver and they work, but are far from perfects.

So... are there other drivers I should be looking at as well? Ideally I would like something like Synaptics but this is not a Synaptics trackpad so their drivers won't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Travis

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Without getting into the pro and con of alternate drivers, have you tried opening your Boot Camp Control Panel application, and select Trackpad, then adjust the sensitivity? The Apple supplied drivers work well.

OP
C
Reaction score
Without getting into the pro and con of alternate drivers, have you tried opening your Boot Camp Control Panel application, and select Trackpad, then adjust the sensitivity? The Apple supplied drivers work well.

Thanks for the reply chscag.

My control panel app doesn't seem to have a sensitivity adjustment. I a running OSx 10.7.2 and Windows7 Ultimate, though the Bootcamp driver DVD was built from OSx 10.7.

Attached is a screenshot of what I do have.

Thanks for any further help.

BootCamp.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like the sensitivity adjustment isn't available in the latest round of drivers. Try adjusting the tracking sensitivity for your mouse to see if that has any effect on the trackpad.

OP
C
Reaction score
It looks like the sensitivity adjustment isn't available in the latest round of drivers. Try adjusting the tracking sensitivity for your mouse to see if that has any effect on the trackpad.

I will probably stick with Trackpad++. It seems to be more or less a hack of the Apple drivers with sensitivity built in.

I was hoping to find something that was more robust. The height of my dreams would be to have 3 finger dragging, but it looks like I will have to settle for now.

Here is the Trackpad++ interface for comparison with what Apple offers through Bootcamp..... Not perfect, but better the the current offerings.

Trackpad++.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.