will ilife 08 work on my machine???

Reaction score
Hello, i have an ibook G4 laptop and i have lost my ilife 06 disk. The specs for my machine are as follows -

OS X 10.4.11
processor 1.42 Ghz pp g4
1 GB ddr sdram

Machine Name: iBook G4
Machine Model: PowerBook6,7
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (1.5)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1.42 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 142 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.9.3f0
Serial Number: 4H6170J4SE6
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Version: 1.0

The question is i really want it for the imovie, because 06 is quite basic i like the look of 08, but when i looked at the system requirements for 08 im not sure if mine is compatible or not. 08 is better and cheaper, so just wondered if it will work as some of the specs of mine are above what is required but the one that im unsure about is -

'iMovie ’08 requires a Mac computer with an Intel processor, a Power Mac G5 (dual 2.0 GHz or faster), or an iMac G5 (1.9 GHz or faster)'

if this will not work, will 07? or am i stuck with 06 for my machine?

Cheers in advance people, im not being lazy, as i did have a look but im useless and dont want to get the wrong one and it not work!!

Thank you ::)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes...I can see how the official system requirements that Apple has published could be confusing:

iLife

But the important part is..."Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 processor"

The part that may be confusing is the specific requirements for iMovie...which states that you need a G5 or Intel cpu. Since you have a strong interest in iMovie '08...and your computer only has a G4 cpu...then I would say that you don't want iLife '08.

All other parts of iLife '08 would work fine on your computer...just not iMovie '08.

HTH,

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
****, lol. cheers for the reply mate, really appreciate it. will ilife 07 work then? or am i stuck with 06? cheers once again mate

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
****, lol. cheers for the reply mate, really appreciate it. will ilife 07 work then? or am i stuck with 06? cheers once again mate

Unfortunately...there was no iLife '07.:(

iLife - Wikipedia

- Nick

p.s. If you look at the section "Releases and History"...and see the notes at the bottom of that section...it says that iMovie HD 6 was released as a free download for folks who purchased iLife '08. Maybe this was due to folks with a G4 based Mac not being able to run the version of iMovie included with iLife '08.

What I'm not sure of is if iMovie HD 6 is an improvement over the version of iMovie included with iLife '06.

OP
V
Reaction score
Brilliant, cheers lads. i think il have to start looking for a version of ilife 06 now then

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.