After shutdown Clock resets to 2001 and System forgets network preferences

Reaction score
Hi All
Hope that someone can help me here

I'm a newb, longtime Mac drooler and work PC drone! I've just got my 1st Mac (woohoo!) second hand and loaded Snow Leopard myself from my own discs

When I start up my computer the clock has reverted to the (I guess) factory settings - can't remember what it is sorry but it is always the same date and time and its back in 2001! I am alerted and told that some applications may not work until I reset it. Clicking the lock Icon makes no difference. checking the set time automatically doesn't make a difference (but I think that that is covered in next paragraph)

Also, and again only on start up from a shutdown, although she can see my preferred network she has lost the WEP password and asks me for it again. Again checking remember password and locking it makes no difference

Once I've reset the clock and put in the password - all runs sweetly!

Ok - its not life threatening but it is getting kind of irritating.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that there may be some sort of little internal batterey that keeps the time whilst the machine is in shut down that is kaput and the web issue is related to the clock reset issue ??????

Any help, advice, patches or fixes would be gratefully received.

Nick:D

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks

Hey Louishen

that's brilliant thank you.

When repair completed will post with update for other such Newbs

Thanks again

Nick :D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.