I need help with changing the size of Partitions

Reaction score
I use two partitions my main one is for every day use and the other one is for music editing. When I made the partitions I made them roughly the same size. I have way to much not used spaced on the second one! how do I transferrer that non used space to the first one. Here's an image to show what I'm talking about.. please help!!!

Screen Shot 2011-11-03 at 4.09.09 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
To do it without erasing content you will need something like iPartition to manipulate the partition sizes.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hmmm well I have an external and I was going to copy all the stuff on partition two.. but the thing is my main one is running lion while my music one is running snow leopard.. If I copy the 2nd partition would it copy snow leopard also?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nope. You need iPartition just as Kev noted in his reply to you. It's a bit pricey at $46.95 but it will non-destructively move, expand or contract partitions. Your other choice is back everything up, erase the drive and start over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
IMHO... You should keep all your music projects on an dedicated external FW400/FW800/USB3 HD. The whole point of a second HD is to take load off of the main system hard drive while using a DAW. I do this for all my Logic and Ableton Live music samples, projects, files and dj mixes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.