Microsoft Access and STATA on Mac, bootcamp vs Parallels

Reaction score
Hi,

I read the thread by cwa107 titled: Running Windows on a Mac: A Switcher's Guide, which was very helpful

I have an iMac OS X, first time mac user. I need microsoft access and STATA. I currently have STATA installed on my iMac

If I buy bootcamp (BC) or parallel, would I buy and install access on this system? i.e. do I open a "BC or parallels" window, and download access that way?

After I install access, I need to transfer the data to STATA 12 (a statistical analysis software that is currently loaded on my iMac, not sure how many out there are familiar with this) I am a physician and this is the program that will run the actual stats. STATA runs on both Mac and PC.

Would this work? Or would I need to install STATA on "BC or Parallels" (right now only on my iMac)

I guess the overall question is, do people recommend Boot Camp or Parallels for my particular situation, and, will it work. I understand this may be difficult as I don't know how many mac users utilize access and STATA.

Thank you for any advice, greatly appreciated.

Henry
[email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.