Ugh lost everything on my phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
So I had my iphone4 replaced this morning cause the speaker phone stopped working..and it was replaced with another iPhone 4

Took it home and before I could restore I had to start as a new phone and update to ios5..cause all of my backups were ios5.. But before it updated it backed up when my phone was dry..thus losing all my app info settings etc.

It wiped out all my pics in the camera roll to but I saved them to the iPad first. I had a felling something like this would happen so I took some preventative steps lol

Has this happened to anyone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It should have a backup from your previous phone and list last backup in iTunes > Devices > Summary > Backup and look at last backup date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
I've not had a problem like that.

When I stood on my iPad (Ooops), it was replaced with a new one. Fortunately I backed up my iPad before I took it to the shop so all I had to do when I got home, was plug the new one in and it restored from back up, so it was exactly the same as the other one was.

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It should have a backup from your previous phone and list last backup in iTunes > Devices > Summary > Backup and look at last backup date.

So there is a way I can get to that last back up before the trip to the apple store? That's the one I need

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Normally it's that easy chuckoir however since my last back up was with ios5 and the iPhone was 4.3 I believe it messed things up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Dock it to your Mac open iTunes double check all your columns and check each section if your good with it hit the sync button and all should port over.

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone! Just got it all back

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.