• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD Issues with DVD Player

Reaction score
So I burned a DVD with no issues. But when I play it on a DVD player, hit stop twice and then play, it always goes back to one particular scene, regardless of where I hit stop. It should go back to the main menu after hitting stop twice and then play. I tried two totally different players with the same result. Is there any way I can fix this and get it to go to the main menu after hitting stop twice?

Reaction score
DVD player's remote navigates my iDVD movie randomly

So I burned a DVD with no issues. But when I play it on a DVD player, hit stop twice and then play, it always goes back to one particular scene, regardless of where I hit stop. It should go back to the main menu after hitting stop twice and then play. I tried two totally different players with the same result. Is there any way I can fix this and get it to go to the main menu after hitting stop twice?

Similar prob here: Made an iDVD with multiple movie clips (from iMovie 11). Works fine on the MacBook Pro. (Clicking "next" from the last chapter in a clip returns to the submenu.) On the TV, too, within each movie, the "next" and "previous" buttons navigate the chapter markers fine. But across movie clips, they jump randomly. (From the last chapter, "next" will take you into another clip randomly.) Also, hitting "Root/Title Menu" from within a clip returns to the main menu, always with a certain clip's title highlighted. (The middle clip, fifth down in a vertical stack of 11)
Q: How do I tell iDVD to control the behavior of the "next" and "previous" buttons on the DVD player's remote control?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.