• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

FC7 + 512MB Radeon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
Due to a unforeseen financial constraint I shall not be getting my planned top spec 27" iMac. Instead, I shall invest in a mid 2011 21.5" 2.7GHZ iMac 12GB RAM (with 1TB internal and 2TB external). Unfortunately, you cannot get a 1GB upgrade on the graphics card/chip with the 21.5" model.

My question is:

Will FC7 function with a 512MB Radeon Graphics card?

I don't mind waiting ages for stuff to render, export etc as time is not an issue.

Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
REVISED

Ok, I learnt this morning that FC7 is no longer available for purchase. Therefore, which of the alternative editing suites out there will work with a HD Radeon 6770 512mb graphics card? Again, I don't mind if a project takes all year to render - just whether it is possible or not.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.