dvi to vga adaptor

Reaction score
Hi, just been given a Powermac G4 which has DVI and ADC ports. I have an Ilyama monitor with a standard vga port. I know there is an adaptor available (not in Birmingham, UK store), but the only ones on Ebay appear to be mini DVI, I assume the one I want is a standard one? Is there a correct term for this item, I want to make sure I do buy the right one? Does anybody know of a source for this? I live in the West Midlands, UK. If I can't locate one near me then I'll try Ebay again, or whatever you suggest.
Thanks for looking
Aljohn

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...but the only ones on Ebay appear to be mini DVI,

You're not looking hard enough;)...I found the one below (link) in about 5 seconds!:)

I assume the one I want is a standard one? Is there a correct term for this item, I want to make sure I do buy the right one? Does anybody know of a source for this? I live in the West Midlands, UK. If I can't locate one near me then I'll try Ebay again, or whatever you suggest.
Thanks for looking
Aljohn

Sounds like you need a full-sized DVI-VGA adapter...such as this:

HDTV DVI-D Dual Link Male To VGA F Converter Adapter TV | eBay

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Staff. I did look really, really hard - promise ;-) I was a little concerned that I wasn't too sure I was looking at the correct items. I checked the site you found, then had a brainwave (always a bad sign) and looked at Amazon. They had 3 sites selling them so I picked the cheapest..... £1.11 post free ! You'll know by next week if it was any good - if I'm back with a related problem then it probably wasn't worth the money..... I love this forum
Aljohn

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, the adaptor arrived today (48 hours) looked well made, fitted it and worked fine. Monitor working fine, then found that out of my 4 keyboards none was usb...****! So I may see the G4 work tomorrow, with luck. Anyway, I think the adaptor from Amazon for £1.11 post free was a bargain (so far)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...I think the adaptor from Amazon for £1.11 post free was a bargain (so far)

Congrats with the adapter...too bad about the 4 keyboards...but an easy fix!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.