Using desktop and Laptop together

Reaction score
Hello I have a 27 inch Imac and I have a 13 inch MBP. I am working on a project for example and I have all of the browsers open on my labtop. When I get home I want to have those windows open on the desktop. Is there any program that I can drag stuff on my MBP to the desktop? Or anything else? Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am working on a project for example and I have all of the browsers open on my labtop.

What's a "labtop"?

Mac-Forums isn't Craig's List...you can spell "Laptop" correctly here!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
When you say 'browsers' do you mean lots of sites opened up in Safari, or a combination of info/preference panes, documents, spreadsheets etc as well as websites?

Without getting too complicated with VPN's, Remote Access, Servers, Migration Assistant etc etc, could you not just use a portable HD and connect it to one or t'other whichever suits.

You could get funky with creating a workflow in Automator on both machines. (You can also now sync Pages,Numbers,Keynote over iCloud).

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi jmart

I shouldn't worry about your spelling. As every part of the human condition is now medicalised, you clearly have Irritable Vowel Syndrome and as such, it's not your fault.

Ian

OP
J
Reaction score
I mean multiple browsers open on my LAPTOP and I do not want to reopen them on the desktop, is there any way I would be able to drag those browsers from my laptop to my desktop? Or any other program? That would be pretty cool.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...is there any way I would be able to drag those browsers from my laptop to my desktop? Or any other program? That would be pretty cool.

What exactly do you mean by "drag" the browsers from your laptop to your desktop?

You can have the same browsers installed on both computers...and you can have the same bookmarks on both computers...but I don't think that you can "drag" an already open browser (open to a specific web page)...from one computer to another.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If I need to be on a particular site I just email it to myself that way its on all computers and iDevices.

Reaction score
Maybe you can get it to work with firefox sync? I haven't tried it myself yet as I only use my MacBook these days but it did work with my windows machine at work and my android phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.