• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Thanksgiving . . .

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
It is that season again and some see this as an opportunity to reflect on the things we are thankful for (beyond the usual feast associated with the day in the US). ;)

I am not normally prone to this type of reflection, but here goes anyway (and not in any particular order or a complete list).

I am thankful for:
1) Good friends (many of whom I have gained on this forum)
2) A wonderful wife and family
3) The mods on this forum who do an outstanding job keeping it civil but not stuffy
4) Health
5) Jesus (way too much to go into here)
6) Freedom from fear and oppression
7) All of the wonderful food I plan on eating over the next two months :)

EDIT: and 8) Van, Nick and others too numerous to name for putting up with my often warped sense of humor ;)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I happen to like your wry sense of humor. :p

I'm thankful for hot water. (Long story) That's it for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Razormac I think you pretty much covered it and I look forward to the parades especially
Macy's.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Agree with your reflections (those wonderful mods) ;P

Those are good reflections. Especially number 5. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Excellent post Razormac. All I can add is maybe my Pets to all Razormac said. I like #5 also.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I happen to like your wry sense of humor. :p

I'm thankful for hot water. (Long story) That's it for now.

That gives me one more thing to be thankful for. ;)

Tell us the story some time BTW

Reaction score
Alot of things that we take for granted are things that we dont even notice every day of our lives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To all those that can be with family cherish the moments because we all have a limited time here and the elderly know this more than anyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ipad2 iphone4wht ipodtouch(3) ipodnano appletv
I'm thankful for health, family, and I have a job.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That gives me one more thing to be thankful for. ;)

Tell us the story some time BTW

Well since you asked. I guess I might as well tell the story. The water pressure for the hot water was pretty much nonexistent and there was little or no hot water. Didn't know it was the water heater that died. >_<" It took a month before we got it fixed.

I've never taken a cold shower in my life. I'm always use to having hot water that just comes out of the faucet. So to take bath/shower I would have to heat up two huge pots of water whenever I wanted to take a bath. Not fun at all. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm thankful for way too much to list here and all of it ultimately comes from the Man Upstairs. My job is merely to realize that fact. Gratitude is an attitude of choice. When my attitude goes South, everything I have in my life means nothing, even though those things in and of themselves have not changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
If you could have only one:

Thanksgiving day or
Christmas day,

which would it be...of course you can have both if you like but it defeats the question...

EDIT: and why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'd pick Thanksgiving Day because it's always on a Thursday, and I always get two days off. Therefore, I can make an out of town trip to see family without using PTO.

EDIT: Did you misspell and, or why? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Christmas because of what it really stands for and my inner child comes out listening to
the music and looking at the decorations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
EDIT: Did you misspell and, or why? ;)[/QUOTE]

both actually :Smirk:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
EDIT: and 8) Van, Nick and others too numerous to name for putting up with my often warped sense of humor ;)
Hey, you have to put up with me. I'd say it's a fair trade. :p

If you could have only one:

Thanksgiving day or
Christmas day,

which would it be...of course you can have both if you like but it defeats the question...

EDIT: and why?
Well, if we're talking about the American Thanksgiving holiday or Christmas, I think my answer is obvious. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
[QUOTE: Well, if we're talking about the American Thanksgiving holiday or Christmas, I think my answer is obvious. ;)[/QUOTE]

it is an interesting celebration given that in England it is not really, in fact not at all celebrated. i do remember at school having a harvest festival every year, (seems the closest comparison), which relied upon children taking food around to the aged members of the community. It never reached the comfort of the home though.

Since my sister in law is married to an American it is creeping more and more in our home (without the ceremonial significance) and is now a sneaky/enjoyable way to have christmas dinner in November.

turkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkeyturkey.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.