WAV files in iTunes

Reaction score
.wav files copied from a Windows pc do not show artist or album in iTunes on my iMac, only the titles. These files were legitmately burned from CDs I owned but there are several thousand so manually typing the details is not an option. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I don't think iTunes can tag MP3's. I know I've never gotten to tag a WAV file using iTunes also. You will have to convert them to MP3, AAC or Apple Lossless.
Hopefully some one will chime in on this to reverify.

OP
Gren
Reaction score
I don't think iTunes can tag MP3's. I know I've never gotten to tag a WAV file using iTunes also. You will have to convert them to MP3, AAC or Apple Lossless.
Hopefully some one will chime in on this to reverify.

Thanks, if I convert them to one of those formats will iTunes recognise and identify the artists and albums? I have used iTunes on a PC for years and never encountered this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I don't think iTunes can tag *WAV's.

* Fixed my error. O:)

Once you convert your WAV's to another iTunes music format, then you can edit the tags.
There are apps that can find coverart for your music from MusicBrainz, FreeDB, Discogs.com or Amazon.com.
I used Helium Music Manager religiously on PC, but since they don't have a Mac version of it, I use Jaikoz instead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.